Collection: Kroeger Pianos

The Kroeger Piano Company, originally founded in 1852 by Henry C. Kroeger in Stamford, Connecticut, moved to New York City in 1855. Kroeger pianos quickly gained a reputation for their high-quality craftsmanship and robust construction. Henry C. Kroeger, who began his career apprenticing for German piano makers, brought his expertise to the United States, where he worked as a main designer for Steinway & Sons until establishing his own company.

In the late 19th century, the firm evolved into Kroeger & Sons when Henry’s sons joined the business, and later into Gildemeester & Kroeger when P.J. Gildemeester became a partner. This partnership lasted until Henry Kroeger’s death in 1896, after which his sons rebranded the company as The Kroeger Piano Company.

Kroeger pianos are known for their superior tone, innovative designs, and use of high-quality materials. They produced a variety of piano styles, including grand, upright, and player pianos, which were highly regarded for their musicality and durability. In the mid-1920s, the company was acquired by Kohler & Campbell, who continued to produce pianos under the Kroeger name until 1957.

1 of 8

Ask Brigham any piano buying question...